Pete Hall is a capacity-builder. Driven to impact others’ lives in a profoundly positive way, he channels his experiences as a school principal, life coach, and small-business owner into manageable lessons for continuous growth, personal improvement, and positive mindset. Tenacious, courageous, and incorruptible, Pete shares his optimism, joy, and practical application of strategies for getting the most out of yourself – as a leader, a contributor, a teammate, and a human being, no matter what your role(s) and goal(s) might be. With a down-to-earth personality and humorous anecdotes, he weaves tactical work/life approaches and clear mental shifts into every nook and cranny of his interactions with others.
After a teaching career that spanned grades preK-8 over three states, Mr. Hall served 12 years as a principal in three Title I schools: Anderson Elementary in the Washoe County (Reno, NV) School District, and Sheridan Elementary and Shaw Middle in the Spokane (WA) Public Schools. Under his leadership, each of the schools earned awards for academic performance, growth, and student achievement.
Mr. Hall’s written works include authoring over twenty articles on leadership and publishing eleven books:
- Chasing the Show (a teen/young-adult novel; Author’s Place, 2020)
- A Teacher’s Reflective Impact Journal: Pursuing greatness every day (McREL, 2020)
- Pursuing Greatness: Empowering teachers to take charge of their professional growth (McREL, 2019)
- Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation: Trauma-invested strategies for fostering resilient learners (ASCD, 2018)
- Creating a Culture of Reflective Practice: Capacity-building for schoolwide success (ASCD, 2017)
- The Principal Influence: A framework for building leadership capacity in principals (ASCD, 2016)
- Fostering Resilient Learners: Strategies for creating a trauma-sensitive classroom (ASCD, 2016)
- Teach, Reflect, Learn: Building your capacity for success in the classroom (ASCD, 2015)
- Lead On! Motivational lessons for school leaders (Eye On Education, 2011)
- Building Teachers’ Capacity for Success: A collaborative guide for coaches and school leaders (ASCD, 2008)
- The First-Year Principal (Scarecrow Education, 2004)
With numerous honors and accolades for his leadership on the local, national, and international stage, Mr. Hall has worked as a personal consultant/mentor/motivational coach for school leaders, teachers, professional athletes, weekend golfers, stand-up comedians, firefighters, business executives, custodians, and more. He is currently working on his 12th book, Always Strive to Be a Better You: How ordinary people can live extraordinary lives. A resident of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, he speaks and consults internationally.